Blue Cheese and Pear Tart
Cut this tart up into small pieces for an elegant appetizer, but you could also slice it into large wedges and serve it with a green salad for a light meal.
Yield: Serves 8
- 1 sheet thawed frozen puff pastry (8.6 oz.)
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup gorgonzola dolce cheese
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ripe pear, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 425° with a rack set on bottom. Lay dough flat on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Poke holes all over dough with a fork, leaving the outer inch untouched. Bake until dough starts to puff, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk together egg and cheese until smooth and spread over dough, using a spoon to move mixture toward the corners. Sauté onion in oil in a frying pan until softened. Scatter onion and pear over cheese.
- Bake until pastry is golden brown and egg has set, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with thyme and cut into squares.